Wednesday, February 01, 2012

29 days of Pumpkin

29 Days of Pumpkin

One Entire Month Devoted Exclusively to Pumpkin


People just don’t understand me. My friends can’t figure me out. Even my family thinks I’m nuts. See, the thing is, I LOVE pumpkin. Call it an obsession. Call it a sign of lunacy. Frankly, I don’t care what you call it – the point is, I LOVE PUMPKIN.

All of my dreams are decorated in shades of pumpkin. When I hear the word pumpkin, my mouth begins to water. And when I drool, it tastes just like pumpkin.

My favorite food in the world is pumpkin pie. My next favorite foods are sweet potatoes and yams – mainly because they can be prepared in such a way as to taste just like pumpkin pie!

Pumpkin is my favorite color. I own 46 shirts in various shades of pumpkin. My gym bag and water bottle are pumpkin colored. Take a look at my portfolio – you’ll see plenty of shades of pumpkin.

So I recently tried to explain my fascination with pumpkin to a group of friends. It was obvious to me that they just couldn’t wrap their minds around the depth of my obsession – and that’s how my “29 Days of Pumpkin” idea was born.

My plan? Devote the entire month of February to pumpkin… a weekly blog describing not only that week’s pumpkin food and pumpkin recipe, but also my pumpkin attire from the prior week. And I’ll be posting lots of pictures of pumpkins and visiting local restaurants to find those hidden and special pumpkin and sweet potato dishes.

Follow my blog – it’s going to be a fun month of pumpkin!



Did I mention I’m obsessed?

No comments:

Post a Comment