Thursday, March 13, 2014

GCCL - American Pancakes



Food images from our trip with Grand Circle Cruise on M/S River Melody Romance of the Rhine & Mosel Trip March 2014. 
www.jennylunde.com

 American Pancake

Each day there is a breakfast special and this was March 13th special at Cochem's port.  

As you can see the pancakes are very thin, more like a silver dollar in size.  Half of the time you can find this in the buffet alternating with waffles, which are also thin and light.  The buffet serves them with either vanilla sauce or fruit sauce.  You can also find syrup, which is very thin, on the buffet counter.  There was another sauce I tried too, it might have been molasses.  It was very dark and heavy but not as thick as molasses.  I asked and was total it was a form of sugar.  To me American pancakes were closer to a crepe, which I love.  One of the morning they had pancakes in the buffet but with vanilla sauce and the special with Hawaiian Toast.  Not a fan of Hawaiian toast or vanilla suce, so I asked if I could get fruit sauce instead.  I was so delighted to get a bowl of fruit sauce.  That was my favorite breakfast.