Thursday, July 14, 2011

Modern Cafe


taken with an iphone

Modern Cafe
337 13th Avenue Northeast
Minneapolis, MN 55413
(612) 378-9882



May 21st





Part of our progressive dinner weekend with my dad was finishing it with breakfast at Modern Cafe. My dad lives in Green Bay so when he comes to Minneapolis we try to show him a good time and for me it eating. Friday night we took him to four different places. Starting at the Sample Room for the first course. Second was Pyscho Suzies for an appetizers and beer. Main course was at Sen Yai Sen Lek. Dessert was at Dairy Queen, Grandpa's was closed by the time we finished.

Dad had the Famous Modern Hash - 2 eggs with pot roast, potatoes, & peppers. Larry had the Tomato Scrambled Eggs- with fontina and spinach. I had a special with asparagus, fontina, spinach & ham.



I don't know about you, but I always have to take a picture of my food. The good and bad just because I love remembering every little detail of the dish. I offend look at images on the web of restaurants dishes before I even think about stepping in the door. Must of the pictures on my iphone are of food from restaurants. Once I forgot the name of the dish but had the picture of it. I as the waiter if he know what dish was this picture on my phone. I use my phone are a documentary of our food adventures.