Friday, April 15, 2011

The Blue Door



The Blue Door
1811 Selby Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55104
(651) 493-1865




Checked out the Blue Door after seeing the Show Diners, Drive-ins and Dives episode. We just love the restaurant Guy Fieri finds. What sets the restaurant apart is their burger. Stuffed burger with cheese...do I need to say more. So we just had to try it for ourselves.

For starts we ordered Spam Bites (cream cheese, pickles & spam deep fried served with a sweet chill lime sauce), Beer-Battered Green Bean, and Cheese Curds (from Wisconsin) I would order again the green beans. It was a great twisted to eating your green beans. They even still had a nice crispness to them.

We all tried different burgers and found we didn't want to share. I eat the Bangkok Blucy and it was so juice. The burger was stuffed with mozzarella cheese that is soaked in coconut milk and topped with pickled carrots, cucumbers, red onions, and ginger. The dipping sauce was so delightful but each time I dipped I would loss some of my burger. A very messy burger but the best burger ever.

1 comment: